A good quality dehumidifier is essential in nearly every househould in the UK. Dehumidifiers help regulate the humidity of a home, allowing you to live in a pleasant atmosphere which keeps high humidity, damp, rot and condensation at bay. Do you need a dehumidifier?
Read these 10 reasons from dehumidifier experts, Breathing Space
, to find out more.
A good dehumidifier will save you a LOT of money. A desiccant dehumidifier
will keep your house dry a lot more efficiently than turning up the heating in your home.
2. Put an end to peeling and discoloured wallpaper. Why does wallpaper peel? Wallpaper begins to peel because of high levels of humidity in the air. The moisture in the air takes its toll on the adhesive and colour of the wallpaper and it begins to peel off and discolour. Stop wallpaper peeling with a dehumidifier which sucks the moisture right out of the air.
3. Get rid of that musty carpet smell with a dehumidifier. The smell is onset by damp in the fabric of the carpet. This smell will only get worse over time so nip it in the bud and keep your room and carpet fresh and dry with a dehumidifier.
4. A dehumidifier will put an end to any mould and mildew growth in your home. Mould and mildew thrives in warm and moist areas, a dehumidifier will prevent the growth of mould and mildew by drying out the air.
5. Slugs and silverfish are attracted to dark, warm and damp conditions. Dehumidifiers keep the area dry and free from moisture which slugs and silverfish are so attracted to. Killing slugs and silverfish will only solve the problem of these unwanted neighbours temporarily. Use a dehumidifier to keep slugs and silverfish away.
High humidity causes wood and structures with wooden supports many problems. The moisture in the air causes wood to shrink, expand, and in many cases, rot. A dehumidifier
will prevent rot and damp from setting in.
7. Keep your clothes dry and smelling fresh by letting them dry in a room with an active dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers draw the dampness from clothes meaning they dry quicker, less creased and they smell fresh. After all, nobody actually likes that musty damp smell do they?
It is common for people to simply dump a stack full of photo albums and important documents in a garage, basement or spare room. These rooms are traditionally the least maintained rooms in the house and therefore they can usually suffer from high humidity, damp and condensation. These conditions cause documents to become damp, ink to run and photo albums deteriorate. Using a low power efficient dehumidifier such as a desiccant dehumidifier will keep documents dry and in great condition.
9. Damp pets begin to smell, especially when they have just come in from the rain or had a wash. A dehumidifier for your home will help your pet dry more quickly, smell fresh and it will also save your clothes and furniture from getting wet.
10. Probably the most popular reason people buy air dehumidifiers is to protect their belongings from being damaged by high humidity and damp. Electrical goods in particular are easily short circuited and water damaged by damp, condensation and the moisture caused by high humidity. A dehumidifier is the best way to protect your tvs, computers, monitors and sound systems from being damaged by high humidity.